Monday, March 23, 2009

Slacker Portable G1 2GB Personal Radio Player

I used to always listen the radio when I was younger, but after a while I just got sick of commercials, and now I rarely listen to it, usually it’s when I’ve forgotten to charge my Zune while driving in the car. At one time all I listened to was CDs in the card really, but I recently got a new car that features a 3.5mm audio input jack so now I don’t even have CDs in my car, I just take my Zune with me whenever I go out. Having a flash memory MP3 player or hard drive version is nice, but you’re still stuck with all of the songs you put on it, so to add a bit of variety you’ll need the radio, but then again you’ve got to deal with commercials. So in comes internet radio which sort of offers the best of both worlds, different stations and CD quality audio, and of course no commercials. Usually though you’re stuck with internet radio only on your computer, but there is a device out there that looks like an MP3 player, and in fact can store your Mp3s, but it’s primarily an internet radio receiver, but the best part is that you don’t need internet access all of the time to use it. The device, when synced, caches your stations in memory and away you go, you’ve got what looks like an MP3 player, but with radio stations so your music can be very assorted.

Our friends at Geeks.com have sent me over the Slacker Portable G1 2gb Personal Radio Player for review and it allows you to select radio stations and take them with you on the go. The Slacker caches the music in memory so there’s never any problem with radio signals, and of course there’s no commercials, and you can also add your own music to the player as well. The Slacker features a beautiful 4" LCD screen that shows album covers, and artist information, and there’s even a touch navigation bar on the side as well for easy access.

No comments:

Post a Comment